Kromnix gives meticulous attention to protecting personal data. This is an essential condition to the relationship of trust Kromnix wishes to establish with all those who entrust it with their personal data.
Personal data (hereinafter the “Data”) consist of all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An “identifiable natural person” is an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly, notably by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online login, or one or more specific elements relating to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, as this term is defined by current regulations.
1 – WHICH DATA ARE COLLECTED?
Depending on how you interact with the Site and the purpose of this interaction, the Site may collect the following Data:
- Data linked with your identity: these Data mainly designate your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number and company you work for.
- Data linked with connection to and use of the Account when you have one: these Data designate all the information you need to access your personal and company space and all information concerning use of the Account, particularly your login, password, and email address. In any case, the Account is subject to the general terms and conditions for specific use.
- Data linked with browsing: these Data concern the way in which Users browse on the Site. These Data may include the IP address, the screen resolution, the browser used, the time spent browsing, the search history, the operating system used, the language and the pages viewed.
- Data linked with the use of social media: when you interact with the social media functions.
2 – HOW ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Depending on how you interact with the Site, the latter may collect your Data as follows:
- The Site collects your Data directly from you, including when you fill in a contact or registration form, or when you contact the Site by email or phone.
- The Site collects your Data indirectly when you browse on the Site by means of cookies and web tracking in the conditions defined above. The Site also collects your Data via third parties including the social media, when you use the account you hold with these third parties to log in or sign up.
- When you communicate Data to the Site, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are accurate and complete. If necessary, you should update them.
- Data presented as compulsory are needed to manage your request and enable us to provide you with the services required. The compulsory or optional nature of Data is indicated in the forms, as well as any consequences if you fail to provide the information.
3 – WHY ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Your Data are automatically processed by the Site for various purposes described below, in the context of your use of the Site.
Your Data are processed to manage the requests you send us, and to contact you.
- If you are a customer, your Data are processed to manage your application, register your company profile, products, solutions and services in the listing, and organize your participation at the virtual events we stage on our own behalf.
- Your Data are also processed by the Site to send you surveys after virtual events and analyse their results, in view of constantly improving the virtual events it organizes.
- If you are a professional prospect, the Site may send you its news and commercial information, by any means, based on its legitimate interest in promoting the Site, its services, its partners and companies that have solutions to solve your problems, as well as virtual events it organizes.
- If you are a non-professional prospect, the Site may send you its news and commercial information, by any means, if you have agreed to this.
- If you have agreed, the Site may also send you, by any means, commercial news and information concerning virtual events organized by the Site and/or partners’ services.
With your consent when this is required, your Data may also be processed to (1) analyze your preferences, (2) customize and optimize your experience on the Site, (3) enable you to access certain functions, (3) improve the interactivity of the Site, and (4) collect statistics, particularly on the effectiveness of the Site’s prospecting campaigns.
4 – WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA?
- Your Data are processed by the Site’s internal team. In addition, only the service providers and a restricted number of their authorized staff are permitted to access your Data with regard to the specific services entrusted to them, which they must carry out exclusively for the Site in strict compliance with obligations, particularly concerning security and confidentiality.
- With your consent when this is required, your Data may be transmitted to members and partners, mainly so that they can send you information and news about the services, products and solutions they offer.
- When regulations do require, the Site may transmit your Data to organizations and authorities legally authorized to access them (including the judicial and administrative authorities).
- The Site do not forward nor sell your Data to third parties.
5 – HOW ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
The Site takes every necessary precaution to maintain the security and confidentiality of your Data, mainly to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or disclosed, or accessed by non-authorized third parties.
6 – WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
6.1. Pursuant to applicable regulations and under the conditions defined in them, you can, at any time, exercise your rights as follows:
- Right of access: You can ask the Site for information on the processing of Data concerning you and a copy of these Data.
- Right of correction: You can request the correction of inaccurate Data concerning you when those held by the Site are erroneous or incomplete.
- Right of deletion: You have the right to obtain the deletion of your Data by the Site if one of the reasons stipulated by the regulations exists (unnecessary Data, withdrawal of your consent for processing based on the latter, etc.).
- Right of opposition: At any time, for reasons concerning your particular situation, you have the right to oppose the processing of your Data, including commercial prospecting purposes.
- Right to the portability of your Data: you have the right to receive Data in an exploitable form. This right only concerns cases where Data are provided to the Site by yourself, or result from the use you make of its services. These Data are processed on the basis of your consent.
- Right of limitation: You can ask the Site to suspend the processing of your Data when one of the reasons stipulated by the regulations exists (questioning of the accuracy of Data, etc.).
According to conditions defined by the regulations, you also have a right to give general or specific directives regarding what happens to your Data after your death. However, please note that only specific directives relating to the processing of Data by the Site for reasons defined in this Policy will be registered by the Site, subject to its specific consent.
6.2. When your Data are processed with your consent, you can revoke this at any time. However, please note that processing carried out before this revocation remains valid.
6.3. You can exercise your rights by contacting the Site:
- By email at this address: dpo[at]kromnix.com,
- By using the contact form for exercising your rights available here.
Please note that in certain cases, functions of the Site enable you to view and modify Data you have communicated to the Site.
You are informed that the Site has a period of one month from receipt of your request to answer it.
The Site takes the greatest possible care of your Data; however, if you consider that their processing infringes your rights, you can make a claim to CNIL – Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (French data protection agency) – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07 – France.
7 – HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
- The Site stores your Data for a period that does not exceed the time required for the purposes indicated in this Policy. Beyond that date, your Data may be archived to comply with legal obligations incumbent on the Site, or deleted.
- Data providing proof of a right or stored in respect of a legal obligation by the Site are archived in compliance with current provisions.
- The Site factors in the seasonal nature of the virtual events it organizes. For monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual events, the storage period is 5 years from the date on which the contact person most recently expressed an interest. This applies to all types of participants at virtual events (exhibitors, visitors, guests, partners, speakers, etc.).
8 – DATA TRANSFERS
To host and process your Data, the Site prefers means situated in the territory of the European Union. However, if the transfer of Data to a country outside the European Union is envisaged, you will be informed specifically by the Site.
9 – MODIFICATION OF THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- Any modification of this Policy by the Site will be updated on the Site.
- Users are recommended to regularly view this Policy to be aware of all updates and changes.
- If any clause in this Policy is declared null or contrary to the regulations, it will be deemed non-existent but will not imply the nullity of other clauses in the Policy.